Sunday 24 October 2021

Wheel Bug

Subject:  Strange Large Grey Bug
Geographic location of the bug:  Kansas City Missouri
Date: 10/12/2021
Time: 06:08 PM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  Hello.  I am 43 and have lived in this area my whole life.  I saw a strange bug the other day twice in the same day that I never saw before or after.  1st sighting was at my home the next 25 miles north.  It was very large and could still fly with no immediately visible wings.  It looked like there was a red hook for its nose/snout.  It was very similar to the pictured wheelbug but not the same an no wheel on its back
How you want your letter signed:  Thanks, Ken Davis

Wheel Bug

Dear Ken,
This beauty is a predatory Wheel Bug, our featured Bug of the Month for October here and here.

The post Wheel Bug appeared first on What's That Bug?.



No comments:

Post a Comment