Sunday 24 October 2021

Stinging Slug Caterpillar on Windshield

Subject:  Pita pocket or taco?
Geographic location of the bug:  Rhode Island, USA
Date: 10/22/2021
Time: 09:16 AM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  I found this pita pocket squirming it’s way along the windshield of my van. Never have I seen anything like it! Please help. I saw it the first part of October I posted several photos to show its movement
How you want your letter signed:  S.Plante

Stinging Slug Caterpillar on Windshield

Dear S. Plante,
This is a Stinging Slug Caterpillar in the family Limacodidae.  Alas, the view from underneath, while interesting, is not ideal for species identification.  It might be a Skiff Moth Caterpillar, Prolimacodes badia, which is pictured on BugGuide.

The post Stinging Slug Caterpillar on Windshield appeared first on What's That Bug?.



No comments:

Post a Comment