Tuesday 26 October 2021

Bee Fly

Subject:  Bee Fly?
Geographic location of the bug:  Casa Grande, AZ
Date: 10/25/2021
Time: 01:48 PM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  I found this little bug on the screen outside my indoor plants. Between 1 to 1.5 cm. in size. I’ve never seen anything like it before. I’ve looked through all kinds of sites, but little true info is out online. I can’t identify any that look quite like this.
Please help?
How you want your letter signed:  Chris in Casa Grande

Bee Fly

Update:  I just sent photos of a little bee fly id been unable to identify. Looked through this site as well as BugGuide.net. Just after sending my request, I believe I found it – gray bee fly – Anastoechus melanohalteralis. Sorry for the unneeded request. Still love this site!

Dear Chris,
This is indeed a Bee Fly in the family Bombyliidae.  We are uncertain of the exact species.

The post Bee Fly appeared first on What's That Bug?.



No comments:

Post a Comment