Thursday 2 September 2021

Why was the Pigeon Horntail interested in an ear?

Subject:  Large Insect Identification
Geographic location of the bug:  Indiana
Date: 09/02/2021
Time: 10:19 AM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  This insect was trying to get into my ear. I swatted it away and it came back. I killed it on my shirt. I have also seen a dead one in my garage and one buzzing me outside. It is 1 1/2 inches long. I have not notice them before. Looks like a bee to me.
How you want your letter signed:  G Riley

Pigeon Horntail

Dear G Riley,
This is a Pigeon Horntail, a type of Wood Wasp that lays eggs in diseased and dying hardwood.  We can’t imagine why it was interested in your ear.

The post Why was the Pigeon Horntail interested in an ear? appeared first on What's That Bug?.



No comments:

Post a Comment