Saturday 4 September 2021

Summer Fishfly

Subject:  Interesting insect I have never seen here
Geographic location of the bug:  Waltham, MA
Date: 09/03/2021
Your letter to the bugman:  I found this resting on a lawn chair 8/20/21. He/she was 1.3 inches, not counting antennae. He stayed very still, didn’t move, even when I moved the chair across the yard. I took this photo. He stayed still all day, and next day, he was gone. I live at edge of very wet, dense wild woods & see many interesting insects. Never saw one like him! Can you please help? Thanks!
How you want your letter signed:  Kalani Cross

Summer Fishfly

Dear Kalani,
This is a Summer Fishfly.  According to BugGuide:  “prefer shaded, woodland habitats” which is what your “wet, dense wild woods” provides.

The post Summer Fishfly appeared first on What's That Bug?.



No comments:

Post a Comment