Thursday 2 September 2021

Monkey Slug

Subject:  Can’t narrow it down..
Geographic location of the bug:  Eastern Panhandle, West Virginia
Date: 08/28/2021
Time: 08:09 PM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  I saw this hanging out on my car and right away thought it might be a bug/insect.  It’s interesting because it’s camouflaged and would hide very well on trees in my yard, but it was on my silver car and stood out like a sore thumb.  How it ended up on my car, I have no idea unless it fell from above from the tree.  Currently it’s August 2021 and weather is 90 degrees and humid.  When it moved, the many white feet moved from back to front and slow.  I saw it’s face on the underside, not out front.  Anyhow… I was thinking along the lines of a millipede, or isopod but can’t find any pictures close enough to id.
How you want your letter signed:  Camouflaged Something

Monkey Slug

Dear CS,
Very few people realize they are looking at a Caterpillar when they encounter a Monkey Slug.  Handle with caution as the Monkey Slug can sting.

The post Monkey Slug appeared first on What's That Bug?.



No comments:

Post a Comment