Friday 24 September 2021

Katydid

Subject:  Katydid?
Geographic location of the bug:  Denver, Colorado
Date: 09/24/2021
Time: 12:30 PM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  I saw a leaf bug on my porch yesterday, and I forgot to take a picture, so I’ve been scouring the Internet for something similar. This picture I purchased from Shutterstock (photo by hagit berkovich) is the only one I could find of a katydid with the same kind of face/eyes. I can’t find any information on it either, so I’m wondering if it’s even a katydid at all!
How you want your letter signed:  ellie n.

leaf katydid (from shutterstock)

Dear Ellie,
We will not be able to identify your particular Katydid from the attached image which is surely not a North American species.  The True Katydid pictured on BugGuide looks similar, but https://bugguide.net/node/view/7075/dataBugGuide does not report it from Colorado.

The post Katydid appeared first on What's That Bug?.



No comments:

Post a Comment