Friday 6 August 2021

Dragonfly Naiad caught on fishing lure

Subject:  Unidentified ugly water bug
Geographic location of the bug:  In Wakomata Lake, Ontario
Date: 08/04/2021
Time: 01:33 PM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  Hello!
I was fishing in Wakomata Lake and retrieved a cast and found this bug attached to my lure!! I would love to know what it is! There’s been great debate amongst my family. I’ve been researching and the closest i found that it Might be is a hellgrammite??
How you want your letter signed:  Deanna Sanders

Dragonfly Naiad

Dear Deanna,
It is easy to confuse aquatic larvae.  This is not a Hellgrammite.  It is a Dragonfly naiad, the immature predatory nymph of a Dragonfly.  Perhaps it mistook your lure for a minnow.

Dragonfly Naiad

The post Dragonfly Naiad caught on fishing lure appeared first on What's That Bug?.



No comments:

Post a Comment