Tuesday 29 June 2021

Unidentified Asilid from Idaho

Subject:  Bugged Birder
Geographic location of the bug:  Pocatello, Idaho
Date: 06/28/2021
Time: 04:03 PM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  Dear Bugman, While out birding in the disc golf course behind my house, this bug landed at my feet. It is about 1.5 inches as I recall. The furry legs caught my eye. I can find nothing on the internet that resembles it. The area is high desert with sage brush and juniper. I took this picture on June 26. Thanks.
How you want your letter signed:  J. Shipman

Unidentified Robber Fly

Dear J. Shipman,
This magnificent predator is a Robber Fly in the family Asilidae and we believe it is in the subfamily Asilinae.  There are numerous similar looking individuals on BugGuide.

The post Unidentified Asilid from Idaho appeared first on What's That Bug?.



No comments:

Post a Comment