Wednesday 2 June 2021

Planthopper

Subject:  I’m so glad you’re back!
Geographic location of the bug:  Florida
Date: 05/28/2021
Time: 02:54 PM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  I’m so glad you’re back online and posting regularly- when the site went inactive, I became quite worried. I know this letter of appreciation is coming a bit late (as the site’s been active for a measure of time now), but I figured I should send a thank you, for continuing to keep this wonderful site up and running!
Since attaching an image is needed, I present this adorable little planthopper (specifically, Acanalonia servillei), which has won my heart- I am willing to say this is the cutest insect i’ve seen this year. I truly love this website and the sheer diversity of invertebrates (and sometimes, vertebrates) on it.
How you want your letter signed:  Squidpastry

Planthopper: Acanalonia servillei

Dear Squidpastry,
Thank you so much for your kind sentiments.  After taking about a year off for personal reasons, Daniel resumed posting this year, but a three week trip to Ohio with spotty internet, software problems and much responsibility caused another brief hiatus.  As Daniel is retiring in a few weeks as a full time tenured Professor at Los Angeles City College, he hopes to be able to devote even more time to What’s That Bug? in the future.  Thanks so much for submitting your image of a Planthopper.  According to BugGuide, the food plant is “host: caper (
Capparis comosa, Capparaceae).”

The post Planthopper appeared first on What's That Bug?.



No comments:

Post a Comment