Sunday 20 June 2021

Glassy Winged Sharpshooter on Cannabis

Subject:  Glassy Winged Sharpshooter on my herb
Geographic location of the bug:  Mount Washington, Los Angeles, California
Date: 06/18/2021
Time: 04:20 PM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  Dear Bugman,
I missed you last growing season.  I noticed a recent comment from Peter about Glassy Winged Sharpshooters on budding marijuana. I sent in a photo two years ago of a Green Lynx Spider eating a Glassy Winged Sharpshooter on one of my plants, but I have to do manual hunting of this unwanted visitor.  I don’t like to use pesticides on my plants, so I catch the litter buggers and just squash them. They can be very difficult to catch though.  Seems they have an uncanny ability to move to the other side of the stem when they are threatened.
How you want your letter signed:  Constant Gardener

Glassy Winged Sharpshooter

Dear Constant Gardener,
Thanks for sharing your tips to the manual control of unwanted insects on your crops.  We are also thrilled to learn you do not use pesticides which can often kill beneficial insects as well as the targeted “pest” species.

Glassy Winged Sharpshooter

The post Glassy Winged Sharpshooter on Cannabis appeared first on What's That Bug?.



No comments:

Post a Comment