Wednesday 2 June 2021

Bug of the Month June 2021: Goldsmith Beetle

Subject:  Goldsmith Beetle
Geographic location of the bug:  Zimmerman, MN North America USA
Date: 06/01/2021
Time: 01:00 AM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  Hello, this is the second time I’ve encountered what I believe to be a goldsmith Beetle. Coolest bug ever. The first time was in the backyard a couple of years ago. The second time, was tonight, waiting for me at the front door. I brought it in to show my mother, she was not a fan. I put it back outside to carry on.
How you want your letter signed:  S. Botzet

Goldsmith Beetle

Dear S. Botzet,
Thanks so much for sending in your awesome images of a Goldsmith Beetle, the beetle allegedly the fictional Gold Bug of Edgar Allen Poe fame.  Your timing is perfect for us to select your letter as the Bug of the Month for June 2021.  The Goldsmith Beetle is described on BugGuide as “A large yellow/green scarab with no elytral markings. Elytra has irregular rows of punctures.”

Goldsmith Beetle

The post Bug of the Month June 2021: Goldsmith Beetle appeared first on What's That Bug?.



No comments:

Post a Comment